For David and I, we decided we'd be the railroad crossing sign and arm, and we were able to make those out of cardboard, poster board, and lettering cut from construction paper.
I had been looking around on Pinterest trying to get ideas for Halloween, and I had seen several other people that had used wagons for their toddlers and decorated them as part of their costume. When I came across a couple that had made trains, I knew we had to try it with Anthony's red wagon. Not only would it complete our theme, but we could pull him around in his wagon instead of having to worry about him walking so much on his own, and we could make it to where he looked like he was driving the train. We rounded up a bunch of cardboard boxes and went to work trying to figure out how to piece them together on the wagon to make it look like a train.
Working on our project in the basement. These are
all our pieces as we started to paint them.
all our pieces as we started to paint them.
It's coming together! We used the cardboard boxes, velcro,
rubber bands, red and black paint, and red and black electrical tape.
rubber bands, red and black paint, and red and black electrical tape.
Here we are at the PumpkinFest. We decided to enter the
costume contest and won 1st place for the family division!
costume contest and won 1st place for the family division!
After the contest, we went around and did a little trick-or-treating at the shops.
Anthony's favorite thing was getting a balloon. He konked out by the time we
loaded up the car to head home, with his balloon still in hand.
Anthony's favorite thing was getting a balloon. He konked out by the time we
loaded up the car to head home, with his balloon still in hand.
We had such a great time putting this together, and I was really happy with how cute it turned out. It was homemade, and we didn't spend a ton of money on everything. We had planned to do Trunk or Treat at church a few days later on Halloween and turn our car into a train depot, but unfortunately, Anthony ended up sick, and we weren't able to go. We still had lots of fun though at the PumpkinFest, and I'm thrilled Anthony loved his train and had so much fun riding around in it.
Happy Halloween everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment