Monday, November 11, 2013

19 Months Old

Anthony turned 19 months old on January 30th, 2013. It has been a very low-key month following the holidays, and for that, I've been thankful. I've enjoyed spending lots of time inside the house and with Anthony.

  • One thing we've done a ton of this month is play basketball! Anthony got his new Little Tikes basketball goal for Christmas, and he has loved shooting and dunking baskets. He thinks it's funny when David or I try and shoot it from across the room, and of course, we usually miss it, which is even funnier.

  • We've been working with Anthony on learning body parts the last couple of months, and he's getting really good at knowing them. He can show you his eyes, ears, nose, teeth, tongue, hair, hands, feet, toes, stomach, back, and belly button. He sometimes remembers shoulders and will shrug them when you ask him where they are. We're still working on knees and elbows though.

  • Grandpa David and Grandma Sue went to Washington D.C. when Anthony was only a few months old, and one of the souvenirs they brought him is a board book on the "Star Spangled Banner" that has the lyrics and plays the music. Anthony found this book recently and has absolutely fallen in love with it - it's his favorite by far. Well, we let him pick out a book to read each night at bedtime so this is now the book he wants to "read." So, each night as part of our bedtime routine, David and I are pretty much belting out the "Star Spangled Banner." 

  • Anthony is very much a practical joker, and it's really starting to show. David and I bought him a little green snake at Ikea before he was born, and this month he's been trying to scare everyone with it. He runs at you and screams, "Ahhh, ahhh," himself and wants you to do the same. Also, we've been trying to get him to say "Mama" and "Daddy" more. To mess with us, if you ask him to say "Mama", he'll look at me and grin and say "Daddy" instead and vice versa. He's such a mess and won't do it just cause you want him to, and he thinks he's so funny!

Here are some miscellaneous pictures from this month:



Still working on folding our hands and praying at mealtime. So precious!



















One of Anthony's favorite places to sit - the bottom shelf of the fridge.
















The first time I ever let him pick out what shirt he wanted to wear...*Sigh*




Snack time with Daddy.



I always find tons of Anthony and Daddy selfies each month when I upload pictures.



Apple snacktime with cousin Keaton.



Another one of Anthony's favorite Christmas presents - his bus slide!








His first ever train ride at the mall!



"Thanks for riding with me, Grandpa David!"



No comments: