Friday, December 13, 2013

Anthony's Oral Surgery

Anthony had his first visit to the dentist in July and had to have oral surgery on Friday, September 27th, to fill his cavities and do a full cleaning and x-rays at the same time. With my pre-dental background, I was completely mortified that this happened to my son, but it appears he's inherited weak teeth from both David and me.

Anthony had surgery when he was six months old, but we hated to see him go through it again. However, it helped knowing it was a pre-dental friend of mine from MTSU who was performing the surgery, and there is no one I would trust more with fixing Anthony's teeth than him.

(If you are happen to need a pediatric dentist, I highly recommend Dr. Blair - check them out at Wild4Smiles. Like I said, he was in the pre-dental program with me at MTSU, and I also went to church with he and his wife in Murfreesboro. He went on to dental school at UT-Memphis, but is now back in the area at this practice. We had lost touch over the years, but by divine appointment back in the spring, I heard their ad on the radio and happened to run into his wife and got Anthony in with him as soon as I could.

Taking it easy during all the surgery prep.


He begged to play some games on my phone while we waited.


He got so loopy with the medicine they gave him! He was laughing like crazy at nothing.


The hospital took a family photo to give to us.
This is pre-surgery when all the medicine was kicking in.


Everything went remarkably well, and Anthony did great. In recovery, they gave him a purple popsicle, and he loved it! He begged for more so the nurse brought him a second one, which he devoured too. 


Resting at home with his new get-well-soon duck Pop bought for him and Monkey.


We spent the rest of Friday lounging around, watching movies and cartoons, napping, and eating applesauce, ice cream, and yogurt. We all got a good night's rest and come bright and early Saturday morning Anthony was up and starving! He begged for us to take him to Hardee's to get some breakfast.


Ready for some real food to eat! 



So glad to see him back to his old self so quickly!


No comments: