Saturday, April 22, 2006

This Week's Craziness

Man, it's been a very busy week, but it's been a good one! We ended up having a really good time in Nashville over Easter weekend. We were able to spend some time on Saturday at the new rock climbing gym, so that was a lot of fun giving that a try. We were both so sore on Sunday though! I have a picture that Michele took of David climbing, but will have to scan it and post it for you later on. If you're in the Nashville area be sure to spread the word about it - Cool Springs Climbing Center right behind the Cool Springs Galleria!

Our other great thing about our trip was getting to stop and hear Ben and Jamie play on Thursday night. It was a great show, and I was really excited to get to see so many people from college...Ben and Jamie, Mark and Janet, Laura Patty, Jason and Kammy and their baby, and Molly and her new fiance were there too. I was also encouraged by running into one of the girls that lived on my floor at MTSU a few years ago. Her name is Lucy, and she graduated last year and had gone to New Orleans for seminary but with the hurricane, had moved back to Murfreesboro and was helping out in collegiate ministry and helping run things at Bonhoeffer's. I have often wondered how some of my girls are doing from those two years, so it blessed my heart to see her again. The whole night was so encouraging to me just to see everyone and catch up some even if just for a couple hours.

Also this week...Happy Birthday, David! Yesterday was his 25th birthday so we went out to celebrate last night. He really was wanting seafood, so we tried out Pappadeaux's Seafood Kitchen. It was so good, and that really says a lot if you can find David seafood that is just as good as what he grew up on in Miami. We're going to Stone Mountain tomorrow and getting passes for the year, and he's planning on trying out his new fishing pole my parents bought him for his birthday.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a very relaxing day since this last week has been an absolutely absurd week for me. I'm not sure if you've heard yet, but Dr. Reccord, President at NAMB, resigned on Monday. This is right after a large majority of the rest of the executive leadership resigned a couple weeks ago, so some major changes have been going on, and this is going to be a huge transition period for NAMB. Somehow I think they are all good though and am confident God must be at work, but it's still a little unsettling to see so much going on. Then to top it all off, the application deadline was Thursday, so they poured in over the course of the week, and we've also been given the task of reviewing and approving the files as well since Missionary Personnel is moving to a new team effective May 1st. Also, we found out yesterday the lady who works with us on travel has moved back to the home office and a new person is on our account. I knew we had had some miscommunication lately on students trying to book travel, but I just hate having a transitional period during the height of our student travel. Then finally, we had training yesterday for our new student application. Yes, we have a whole brand new system and database for that here at NAMB now, and it goes live on Tuesday, so I am struggling to learn a whole new way of doing things. We're grateful this happened after the application deadline, but even so, there will be some more summer applications that come through this week that we'll still try to process. Yes, it's been a very stressful week, but I still love what I do and think it's going to be a great summer for the students that will be serving with us. I also have a conference coming up this week in Nashville with over 500 collegiate ministers, and I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of people. A large amount of our semester missionaries will be there too, and that makes me really happy since meeting our students that serve is always a blessing. It's going to be just the encouragement I need to get me through these next few weeks...

No comments: