I know I'm posting this a little bit late, but still hoped you could say a prayer in the days to come. John Ramirez, the collegiate ministry person we work with at the Baptist Convention of New England, was to have a kidney transplant this morning. He is the one in the pictures in the February 23rd post that covered me in snow from when I visited up there last month. Anyway, I wanted to mention it because many of you know his donor, Bill Wade, who was the collegiate minister at First Baptist and Calvary Baptist in Murfreesboro in college. It absolutely amazes me when God brings back around the people that I have crossed paths with before, and what incredible circumstances this time around! Bill is so wonderful, and I wasn't at all surprised when I heard of his sacrificial gift for one of his friends. Also, I wasn't surprised when I learned that Bill had named his kidney, "Bob." Below is a recent email update from John's wife, Anna. She came up with a great story about "Bob," and it is below. I haven't heard anything about how the surgery went today, but please say a prayer for these incredible men of God who serve with me!
Friends Family and Peoples of the World:
We are happy to announce that Bob has accepted a new position and will be relocating on
April 4, 2006.
After many interviews, background checks and a significant number of tests, accompanied by the usual prodding and poking, Bob has shown his excellence and expertise to perform the tasks ahead of him. We realize that this transition will not be an easy one, but believe Bob has been preparing for his duties in this capacity for many years.
We welcome Bob with open arms.
We would also like to thank Ted and Butch who have served faithfully and will be retiring. They have been valuable participants in the team effort and will be missed. Of course they will receive the standard Gold Watch and spend their retirement stress free and in comfort, basking on the beach.
We would also like to thank Bob's current host, Bill Wade. He has made Bob what he is today. Bob's twin, Buddy, will carry on without him and enthusiastically supports Bob in this move.
Please look for Bob in his new location and pray for his success and happiness as he works for John Ramirez. He is a welcome addition to the team, and we expect many glorious years of valuable output from Bob.
No comments:
Post a Comment