Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Updates

First let me update you on John and Bill (and Bob.) I haven't heard a lot of details, but as far as we know, everything went well with the transplant and both are doing well. Bill is already out of the hospital and is going back to Tennessee tomorrow. Bob is functioning well, and John should be released soon. Please continue to keep them in your prayers...

Second update, I did get into the Peachtree Road Race so it's for real! I tried to look up some training schedules, and all the ones I found are for two months out. So, I'm taking this month to try and get back into shape and then will dig in the first of May.

This past weekend was really a good weekend. My family all came down for the two REI Sales that were going on. We got lots of stuff...my big purchase - a new bike! I'm so excited over it and hope to start riding soon at Stone Mountain, on the Silver Comet Trail, and on the Greenway here near the Board. Also, now that we have two bikes, I'm hoping I can convince David to get out and ride with me some too now.

We'll be spending the Easter weekend in Nashville again this year. We're stopping off in Murfreesboro on our way up to hear Ben and Jamie do a show, so I'm really excited about having the chance to hear them play. I think we're also planning to hang out at the rock climbing gym maybe on Saturday, and we may give it a try!

Below are pictures from my weekend up at Collin's. It was so great to see the Brown's on the way up, and the rest of the weekend was really good too. It was just what I needed. My family about wore me out with all of the hiking and biking, but it was good for me especially since I'm trying to get ready for the Peachtree now.

No comments: