Before I left home last weekend I stopped by Mam-Maw's again, and the boys were still out there. As I was about to leave, Cale stopped me and asked,
"Where are you going?"
"Well, Cale, I've got to go home to Atlanta."
"You live a really long way away."
"Yeah, Cale, I know."
"But don't you have spring break this week?"
Oh, if only was what I thought, and it made me sad that I no longer have those wonderful and glorious breaks anymore. So, I had already planned a month or so ago to take part of the day on Thursday and this Friday and spend a long weekend with Collin in Johnson City. I know, it's only a day and a half off, but I will gladly take what I can get, and it should be just enough to refresh me to get me through the rest of the summer application season.
So, tomorrow on the way I'm making a stop in Greenville to have dinner with Tony, Vickie, and Laura Brown (Ben's family.) They are the ones I went to World Changers with last year in Chicago, and I haven't seen Tony and Vickie since then, and it's been awhile since I've seen Laura too, so I'm really excited about seeing then again and catching up, even if only for a couple of hours.
It should be a good weekend...I'm not sure what we'll be doing, but I think that's the best part of it right now. I should post some pictures soon next week.
David is in the middle of his American Chemical Society meeting this week, and it seems to be going really well. He has met a lot of people, listened to a lot of talks, and gave his poster presentation on his research last night. (The picture is below.) He actually had a lot of people stop by to discuss it with him, so he was glad there were some people there who had some interest in it and what he was doing. I think he has been really encouraged by it all, and it gave him a renewed excitement for his work.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment