After having gotten to see my share of snow for the winter (ha!) I'm definitely ready for spring and have been enjoying the nice days we've had these past couple of weeks. It still blows my mind that all these flowers and trees are blooming, and all the landscapers are already out cutting the grass barely into March! I promise you, I saw a tree the other day that still had dead leaves on it from last fall as well as new buds for this spring. Crazy!
Only thing is, my allergies have already started in full force this year, and it's driving me insane! I've been taking the Claritin everyday this past week cause I'm going to eat lunch outside here at work and go outside on the weekends no matter what! It's supposed to be in the mid-70s and even close to 80 this weekend, and I can't wait, sneezing or no sneezing!
Not too much out of the ordinary has been going on lately really with us. David is working hard to get ready for the American Chemical Society's annual meeting at the end of March. It's actually in Atlanta this year, so that works out well. He's going to be displaying a poster of his research and hoping to connect with some old friends from MTSU and Governor's School, as well as make some new connections with people with similar research to what he's doing now.
All the crazy situations here at work have died down some, so that's a blessing. However, things are really beginning to pick up! My busiest time of the year is during April and May processing the last of the summer applicants and finalizing all the rest of the details for the summer, while at the same time winding down the spring semester with the semester missionaries. It's encouraging though cause the numbers are picking up a little bit, and the students that are applying are so enthusiastic about going to serve. Even though I've had my down times the last month or so, I really cannot complain about what I do. Sometimes when I really stop to think about it, it blows me away that I'm working with so many students and impacting so many lives, and it makes me more humble than anything ever has in my entire life that of all people, He chose to use me in this capacity.
Also, tomorrow is our annual Team Ministry Day. We're going to a ministry center in Norcross to help in the food pantry, thrift store, and things like that. Again, it's such a blessing to step away from the administrative side of things and actually be out in the real world meeting real people and meeting their physical and spiritual needs! I know I will find myself encouraged and rejuvenated at the end of the day tomorrow, and that will carry me through these next few stressful weeks...
No comments:
Post a Comment