Thursday, February 23, 2006

Frustration Still Abounds

Hey there! I'm sorry it's been a couple of weeks, but things have still been a little hard. Issues just keep coming up, and I hate to say this, but this has been the hardest month I've had in a long time, and I am just so discouraged. We've had a lot of semester missionaries that have gone home from the field, and I have been dealing with some of those type issues for the first time since working here. We've still had others with issues that have been going upline without us knowing, so we're working through those situations and trying to get things straightened out. It's just so very hard when you see so much negative stuff going on that it's easy to focus on the handful of bad ones and not the other couple hundred who are out there doing amazing and wonderful things. Why is that?

There have been some high points the past couple of weeks though:

1) I finished my first Sudoku puzzle the other night! I have become very addicted to these things over the last couple of months and jumped up and down when I finally did one without messing it up!

2) Valentine's Day! David and I went to Macaroni Grill, and it was wonderful. I have such a great husband! We laughed watching all of the younger kids we saw out on their dates. All of the girls were all dressed up and fixed up, but then the guys were in their ball caps and t-shirts/sweatshirts, and they were all so nervous. So cute! Only thing, I had to go to bed early cause I had to get up at 4:00am to get to the airport.

3) Which brings me to this one - my trip to Boston/Northborough, MA! I had a supervision training workshop that we attended at the Baptist Convention of New England last Wednesday and Thursday. This is for all of the pastors, campus ministers, etc. that have student missionaries serve with them. I got to meet all the ones we work with in the New England area, and I can't say it enough how good it is to get out and put faces with names. Also, it helped me tremendously to put myself in their shoes and see the issues they deal with. It could not have come at a better time given all the situations that I have been dealing with the past few weeks. Anyway, I didn't get to sightsee any really, but we did drive by Fenway Park so that was cool. We were up there a couple of days after the big blizzard so there was still snow everywhere and that made me happy to finally get to see some. Some of the guys at the Convention office (and Amy that I work with) were determined to throw me in the snow, and it happened! Not once, but twice! They decided after the first time they wanted to take pictures of me, so they went through it all again just to have evidence, so they're below. I got really wet, but it was fun though cause secretly I was dying to play in it.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. David's had some discouraging times too these past couple of weeks with having used the wrong starting material for a reaction when the chemical company packaged and sent the wrong thing without him knowing until it was too late. Also, his paper that he co-authored with another student was rejected by a journal yet again. My family was going to come down this weekend for Andy's football game against the Georgia Force, but we've decided I'm gonna head up there instead, and we'll just watch it on tv, and that way I can spend time with everyone. That may be best given the past couple of weeks and my need to just get away once again. There are no worries in Dayton...

No comments: