As things are picking up here with my work, I'm finding it harder and harder to find the time to post, but I will try my hardest from here on out to do better.
Our Team Ministry Day a couple of weeks ago was a great experience. We were all spilt up and given different tasks to do, and I spent my day straightening up the clothes closet/thrift store, sorting through clothes that had been donated, stocking shelves with donated cans of food, and helping stuff and label envelopes for a mail-out for the ministry. Again, it is such a blessing to be out on the frontlines of ministry, and it gives me a better appreciation for the work our missionaries do day in and day out!
My allergies are much better now, so I'm grateful for that. We even had the chance a couple of weeks ago to spend the day outside hiking at Stone Mountain, which I always love. I have to be honest though, that's really the only time that David and I have been able to spend together lately with his ACS meeting coming up later the first of next week. He has been working so hard to get everything ready for it, and I've tried my best to keep myself occupied. However, we finally got our cable installed last week! (A Christmas present from my mom and dad!) What a blessing that has been, and now that I have it, I really don't know how we lived without it for the last two years. Just in time for March Madness! I'm really hoping the Lady Vols will make it to the championship this year...
Also, are you ready for this? In another effort to fill my time (and offset some of the extra time spent on the couch now) I have turned in an application to run the Peachtree Road Race on the 4th of July this year. I know, I know...really though, it's something that is going to motivate me to get going and exercise consistently, and when the days get warm in the spring, I really just want to be outside, so why not? I'm still waiting to see if I get accepted (they have 55,000 slots from 70,000 applications.) If I do, that's when I'll probably start having second thoughts, but we'll see how it goes, and I'll definitely keep you updated on it all! You can read about it here:
http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/
I hate it, no one took any pictures from our ministry day, but below are a couple from when we went to Stone Mountain a couple weeks ago...
No comments:
Post a Comment