Monday, August 08, 2011

Singing and Smiling

The biggest thing from this last week is that we've realized just how much Anthony loves sounds, but especially music. When he's on his activity mat or in his bouncer or swing, he's been more interested in the music than his toys or anything else. So, the last few days I've started singing to him more often. I try and do some more upbeat, fun songs when we're playing, but I'm also singing some softer, lullaby-type songs when trying to get him to go to sleep, and he loves that more than anything. It's been so sweet because he'll just look up at me and if I stop, he'll start to fuss and want me to keep singing. Needless to say, I've been singing and singing and singing! The sweetest thing is, he'd already been smiling some on his own just before he would fall asleep, but now when I sing to him, he smiles even more...it absolutely melts my heart and he just seems so content. One day last week, I was singing and he was smiling a ton so I tried to snag a picture of it.





David and I spent some time over the weekend going through our cd collection, downloading music to our ipods, creating playlists for Anthony, and adding new stations to Pandora so we are all set now with an entire repertoire for him!

1 comment:

D. High said...

That's the sweetest little face! It melts my heart too. It has to be incredible to actually be holding him in your arms and have that precious grin looking at you. Such good stuff. Keep savoring every moment. Each one is a gift. Keep the pics coming too. I love, love, love them!