Monday, November 14, 2005

The Renaissance Festival

So this is David's favorite thing to do during the month of May, the Tennessee Renaissance Festival. Ever since I've known him I've heard story after story about this thing, so when we were in Nashville for the last weekend of it over Memorial Day this year, I decided to go with him and his parents to check it out. I must say, it was a little bit scary, but at the same time very cool to see.
For those of you that live in or around Murfreesboro, you surely know about "The Castle" on Highway 96. I can't tell you how many times I have driven past it and wanted so desperately to see what it looked like on the other side of the tree line. So, if you go to the Festival, they actually shuttle you up to it and give you tours. Turns out it was this man's vision from a high school art class. It was an assignment, and he wanted to see it come true, so he has spent his whole life working on getting it built. He is continuously adding on to it, and slowly, but surely, it's coming together the way he envisioned it. Grant it, it's nothing spectacular like one you might find in Ireland or somewhere wonderful like that, but to be in the middle of cow pastures and horse farms in rural, Middle Tennessee it's quite cool.
Here are some pictures from the day, and yes, I made sure to include the camel one!

No comments: