Absolute deliciousness! Can you believe it, we only live just a couple miles down the road from the Berry Farm, so we took full advantage of our first strawberry season being back in Tennessee and having them readily available to us. With the mild winter we had this year, the strawberries actually came in a little earlier than normal and lasted through the end of May so we had several weeks' worth of fresh strawberries to enjoy.
The annual Strawberry Festival was the second week of May, and the Strawberry Parade and Strawberry Chase were on Saturday the 12th. I had run in the Strawberry Chase once before, but it's been several years ago. They have a 10k, 5k, and 1 mile family fun run, and I registered for the 5k this time, just since it was my first race since before I got pregnant with Anthony, and I've slowly been getting back into running. My brother, Collin, and his wife, Meagan, came down to spend the weekend, and they both ran the 10k. It was a great race and lots of fun with perfect, cool weather. I hate it though, I didn't have my camera with me at the race, but here are a couple of pictures.
As is tradition, David took a pre-race picture of me before I headed out:
I didn't have my race number yet, so David had me hold up the route map.
With Collin and Meagan afterwards. Check out Meagan's medal -
she got 3rd place overall for females in the 10k!
With Collin and Meagan afterwards. Check out Meagan's medal -
she got 3rd place overall for females in the 10k!
Anthony and Daddy got to spend some quality Saturday
morning time together during the race.
morning time together during the race.
After we took showers and ate lunch, we headed back to town for the parade and to walk around the courthouse. You can usually equate the strawberry parade with hot and miserable, but this year the weather was perfect! It was cool with low humidity, and believe it or not, I even wore jeans! It was so nice to be out and about enjoying the festival and a gorgeous day.
Watching the parade.
Anthony's got his viewing spot staked out.
He really enjoyed watching the parade and seeing everything go by.
Watching with Daddy.
Anthony liked to wave back at everyone in the parade who was waving.
Hanging out near the courthouse.
Collin and Meagan brought their lab, Gracie, with them so we
got to play with her for a little bit later that afternoon.
Anthony petting Gracie for the first time. He loved her
and really wasn't scared of her at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment