Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Collin and Meagan

I don't remember when it was exactly, but it was near the end of April that Collin asked Meagan to marry him! He had gone camping over the weekend with some friends, and when he got back on Sunday they went hiking up to Roan Mountain to watch the sunset, and that's when he asked her. I'm really excited for them, and they're getting married March 3rd next year. They've asked David and I both to be in their wedding, so that's going to make it even more fun!

They both graduated ETSU on May 6th, so we went up that weekend for their graduation. After the ceremony we all went and had lunch together at The Firehouse, which is a BBQ place actually in an old firehouse. It's so good, but all of our family and Meagan's family was there, so it was good to see her family again and get to know more of them that I hadn't had a chance to meet yet.

It was also over that weekend that David and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! It is so hard to believe that it's been two years already since we got married. Sometimes it feels like forever, but sometimes it only feels like a short while, but regardless of what it seems like, it's wonderful! I think as more time does go by, we're more and more thankful that we are married and do have each other. I love the way we can be so crazy with each other and goof off together, but we have a lot of good talks too. I never did have any guy friends in high school or college that I ever really let loose with. I always stood back and laughed at them and never joined in the fun because I guess I was afraid of what they might think of me acting all crazy and stuff. So I knew I would marry the guy I could find that I felt comfortable enough with to act crazy around, and somehow David did that to me. He's so crazy himself I think he makes me crazy! No, I'm really glad that we can joke around. He loves life so much and always has a good time, and that's one of the biggest things I fell in love with about him. It's just contagious, I guess!

We took off that Monday though and spent the day together at Stone Mountain. I know, it doesn't sound like anything special, but after such a long weekend and traveling and getting home late on Sunday night, it felt so good to have the day off to be together. There have been countless days we have woken up over the past two years and wished we didn't have to go to work that day and could just spend the day together, so we finally got one! I don't think I have any pictures from that day though...we just took some of us fishing, and they're all mixed in with the rest of our fishing pictures. Below are some from Collin's graduation. I'm sorry I don't have any additional ones or better ones than these. We left our camera at Collin's apartment that morning, so these were some Mom took.

No comments: