I found some of our wedding pictures on the computer here at David's house and wanted to post some of them for you. Here in a couple of weeks we'll have been married a year and a half. Everything was so wonderful about our wedding day, and we couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better.
I had always wanted to get married at Smyrna Baptist Church. It's right down the road from my house, and that's where Mam-Maw has always gone and thus, is the church my mom grew up in. Mom and Dad got married there too, and we started out going to church there as well. I remember so much about being in that church, and my favorite part was going up front with Collin and singing every Sunday. It turned out to be perfect because the church was full, but there was just enough room for everyone. Too, the view of the mountain (as you'll see from the pictures) was probably the deciding factor in us getting married there.
It was a gorgeous day, and we could not have asked for better weather. I'm finding a lot of people always ask if everything went smoothly, and of course the answer is no. Thankfully, it was nothing major and all was well in the end. Brother Milton did the ceremony, and his daughter, Lauren, had her baby a couple weeks early on Friday, and so he missed the rehearsal on Friday night, and I felt awful that he had to leave her and come back to do our wedding. Then Sarah lost David's ring right before the ceremony, and we were all scrambling around trying to find it. We laugh still about how the wedding coordinator found some other ring (still don't know whose) and went to David and had him try it on and told him not to freak out during the ceremony if that was the ring I gave him. We did find it though and everything turned out fine. Then too, I won't even go into the whole deal with it being Gay Day in Dayton. Thank goodness it turned out to not be a big deal either, but nevertheless, that was the same day as our wedding day and gave us a lot of drama in the weeks leading up to it.
Anyway, here are some of the pictures his mom took, hope you enjoy them!
No comments:
Post a Comment